About Me

Give me your soul. Nishan_nishan@hotmail.com

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Act 2 Scene 1.

The Scene opens showing a well furnished room, with a fireplace at one end, a mantelpiece on top with photo frames, a rug and a dining table with six matching chairs. The table is filled with food and Freddie is lighting the candles on the table. Erica comes into the scene bringing a giant roast chicken and setting it in the middle of the table.

Freddie: Please remind me why you want to do this?

Erica: We are doing this to welcome the new neighbors.

Freddie: Ah…you mean, Frank.

Erica: Glares at Freddie Think what you want Frederick Blacksblood the Second, but I would never want to welcome that man even if he were the last person on earth. Emphasis on “On Earth”

Freddie: In a sing song voice If you say so, my lady.

The doorbell rings. Erica walks over and opens the door. Mrs. Arthur and Frank are standing outside. Freddie flounces over to Mrs. Arthur and kisses her hand.

Freddie: Mademoiselle! Why art thou so fair?

Mrs. Arthur: Blushes Oh, it must be the lighting.

Frank: Hello, Freddie.

Erica comes forth to stand beside Freddie. Freddie straightens and tenses up.

Freddie: Greetings, Frank. Turns to Mrs. Arthur and smiles. May I have the honor of taking your coat, Mrs. Arthur?

Mrs. Arthur: Why yes. To Erica. He is a handsome young man.

Erica: He knows.

Frank takes off his coat and holds it up, expecting Erica to take it from his. Erica stiffens.

Frank: Thank you for inviting me, Erica.

Erica: Stiffens. I invited your mother. She brought you along, crossdresser.

Franks looks shocks and retorts back.

Frank: I am not-!

Mrs. Arthur: Interrupting Now don’t cause a scene, boy.

Erica turns, walks to the table, and sits down. Frank violently puts his coat over where his mother’s lies on the mantelpiece, before following her behind and takes a seat. Freddie pulls out the chair for Mrs. Arthur and helps her into her seat. He takes his own. The doorbell rings again. Erica rises.

Erica: I’ll get it.

Freddie holds out both his hands.

Freddie: And now, we say praise.

Frank and Mrs. Arthur join their hands with his. Erica opens the door and a young lady and an old man are standing outside. Erica exclaims from the door.

Erica: Good lord!

Freddie: That will do. Takes his hands back and reaches for a piece of bread.

Erica: Dad!

Young Lady: I found this poor dear wandering around the park. And then I remembered the poster outside the building. Is he yours?

Mrs. Arthur: Looks towards the door Bill!

Frank: Looks towards the door Bill?

Freddie: Looks towards the door. Join us!

The young lady walks towards the table. She sits down and starts eating. Gayle’s ghost comes into the scene. Mrs. Arthur looks at Gayle’s ghost and exclaims.

Mrs. Arthur: My poor heart! Faints.

Bill: Elena! Runs over to Elena

Frank: Mother!

Freddie: To the young lady. Pass the gravy.

The young lady passes the gravy. Erica closes the door and runs to tend to Mrs. Arthur. Gayle’s ghost walks over to Freddie.

Gayle’s ghost: You! I want my revenge!

Freddie: Mademoiselle! Why art thou so fair?

Gayle’s ghost: I’m dead!

Freddie: Do the dead eat?

Gayle’s ghost: Sometimes.

Freddie: Then join us!

Gayle’s ghost shrugs and sits down in Mrs. Arthur’s place. She takes a piece of bread and starts eating. Mrs. Arthur comes back up.

Mrs. Arthur: After all these years…

Bill: To see my sister again.

Frank: Your sister? Mother, you never told me you had a brother.

Mrs. Arthur: I thought you were dead…

Bill: So did the doctors. They buried me. But technically I was alive so of course I could get out of the coffin. I didn’t know the way home. I guess, I made a new life for myself when Angelica came along and we married. I’ve been living apart from my sister all these years.

Erica: Well, if you’re my dad, and you’re his sister…then Mrs. Arthur, you’re my aunt?

Mrs. Arthur nods.

Erica: Turns to Frank And we are, cousins?

Frank: Well, I think we are.

Erica: I’m overwhelmed.

Erica stands up and walks to the chair beside Freddie. Freddie hands her a chicken leg and she starts eating. Mrs. Arthur moves and sits as far away from Gayle’s ghost as she possibly can. Bill takes his place at the table and starts piling food on his plate. Frank stays where he is, in shock.

Young Lady: There was something about a reward...eternal peace? How am I supposed to get it?

Freddie: Have you sinned?

Young Lady: Nothing too horrible.

Freddie picks up a carving knife from the table and stabs her in the chest. She falls on the floor, dead. Five second pause when all the characters stare at her. The young lady gets up from the floor again as a ghost. She clumsily sits back down on the table.

Gayle’s ghost: It takes a bit of getting used to, once you’re a ghost.

The young lady nods. She picks up her fork and starts eating again. The scene ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment